It is a part of general knowledge that the optic nerve is responsible for transmission of images from retina to brain in the form of electrical impulse. But there comes a time when the nerve starts getting weakened. As a result, it loses its ability to relay information to and fro. This particular type of disorder has been well known to be as Optic Nerve Atrophy.
It is a name provided to a group of conditions where some are related to genetic disorders while others are related to:
- Inflammation etc.
Viable Options in Relation to the Same
Some of the most viable options in relation to Optic Nerve Atrophy include the following:
- Highly blurred vision
- Decrease in the functionality of vision
- Weird constriction of pupil even in light
- Poor sharpness along with clarity of vision
- Unexpected change in the optic disc
- Decreased brightness of eyes
A combination of treatment programs are facilitated by giving high focus on Mesenchymal stem cells. These cells are being used in combination of highly supportive therapies that include:
- Nutrition along with enzymes for supporting cellular functionalities
- Peptides along with growth factors to enhance cellular activity
- IV laser treatment along with local tissue lasers to enhance flow of blood along with cellular activities
What is the Ability of Stem Cells?
Stem cells hold the ability to rectify eye diseases in the best possible manner. It has really been a matter of great interest to clinicians as well as researchers. There is no other alternative therapy till date that may cure ocular neurodegenerative injuries along with diseases. Naïve Mesenchymal stem cells are successful in reflecting numerous benefits to patients suffering from:
- Eye issues
- Eye related trauma
Stem cells hold the credibility to stimulate formulation of new ocular stem cells that include corneal, nerve, retinal and conjunctival stem cells.
The retina of the eye is a complex as well as a vital part. But it is glad to learn that Stem cell migrations can easily rectify issues in association with the same in a less complex manner. Starting from the epithelial monolayer, the treatment will take place ahead. It has been regarded as the essential part of eye because it is involved in:
- Cycling of retinol
- Transportation of nutrient
- Growth factor
- Phagocytosis of outer segments
Mechanisms in Association
This particular type of regeneration contributes a lot in aiding cell repair of the optic nerve. The ability of MSCs to differentiate neural cells along with secretion of neurotrophic factors include:
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor
- Glial cell line derived neurotrophic factors
Mechanisms that are in association with this particular type of treatment include promotion of the following:
- Myelinaon – It has been known to facilitate migration along with proliferation of oligodendrocyte. Through direct regulation of key structural proteins comprising of myelin, the matter can be eased.
- Axonal Regeneration– It has been well known to promote directional guidance towards regeneration of axons along with selective applications. Those applications will help in improving functional recovery.
- Neuronal Survival– It helps in maintenance of sympathetic neurons into vitro. NGF also helps in promotion of survival through activation of receptor.
- Synaptogenesis– Its promotion leads towards significant compensatory changes into the synaptic junctions as well as terminal junction in adults.
After undergoing treatment, you will truly hope a gallantry improvement. Some of the notified improvements include:
- Accurate vision
- Perception of light
- Clear vision at night
- Field of vision
- No color blindness